As your Labor and Birth Doula...
- I will be available to you via phone, text, and email as long as you need me.
- I will meet you for at least one, but usually two, prenatal appointments. This is when we will get to know each other. You can share your birth vision, ask questions, and create a plan according to your specific needs and hopes. I will also share any research you may want, as well as share comfort measures and suggestions for optimal baby position in preparation for labor and birth. We will also talk about "what if" scenarios, so you won't be caught off guard by unplanned situations.
- I will be "officially" on-call for you two weeks prior to your EDD (estimated due date) up until two weeks past. I will be easily accessible and ready to join you at any given time.
- I will be in touch with you during early labor and will join you when you feel like you need/want her there. This is usually when labor becomes more active, and you have to concentrate through contractions. ***I depend on good communication, so I can best be of assistance to you!
- I will STAY WITH YOU for your whole labor and birth, until about two hours after baby is born. Even when there are shift changes in the hospital, I will be there. As soon as you are feeling comfortable, and breastfeeding has been established, I will congratulate you and slip away so you can have some important family time.
- With your permission, I will try to document your special day with photographs. These are only for you, unless you decide to share them with me after you see them. Sweet Dreams NEVER shares or posts anything without permission.
- I will visit you within the first week or two after you are home and settled, for your postpartum visit. Not only is this time important to reflect on your big day, and share perspectives, but I also appreciates learning what helped you the most. I will share the photographs at this time, and most importantly, will try to answer any questions you may have about baby, breastfeeding, your recovery, and/or your emotions. If I don't have immediate answers for you, Sweet Dreams is connected to a great network of experts, and will find an answer or resource for you as soon as possible.